Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Daniel & Erica | The State Room, Albany, NY | Wedding Photography

Being a wedding photographer not only has me capturing images of the couples most important day, but it also means I work through all the last minute details with the bride and groom. I help them make decisions about what goes where, I may act as a body guard :-), a fan, "the boss" and my favorite is comic relief for those moments that might need to be a little lighter but most of the time I am a time keeper.  I worry about the schedule so brides and grooms don't have to!

Erica and Dan had contacted me what seems like many moons ago. They got my name from a JNP alumni (insert Tommy & Karen shout out here!). We met face to face just a few short months ago in Cooperstown for their e-session and then the ball got rolling from there.

It was unusual for me to have so much time with the bridesmaids and groomsmen (separately to adhere to the wishes of Erica and Dan!) before the wedding, but I totally took advantage of it and we took some incredible shots in front of the Capitol.

Prior to the ceremony getting underway at  The State Room in Albany I was able to meet some of the staff, specifically Eric, one of the State Room's event coordinators. The minute I met him I realized this guy had my back and he did all night!!! If you are looking at venue's in Albany, they top the cake...courteous, on top of things and over the top helpful even to little old vendor such as myself!

Erica and Dan incorporated many religious traditions from each of their families and it was a wondrous sight to see.

The night ensued with dinner and dancing and of course some fun evening shots of the Erica and Dan out on the streets of Albany. Unbeknownst to us, as the ceremony was going on inside...road crews took over the streets right at the the bottom of the capitol so it made it pretty interesting maneuvering around them, but we did and we even had a little fun with it!

Dan and Erica, I wish you warm and happy thoughts as you begin your journey together. This is only the beginning, I can only imagine each moment you two spend with each other will be better than the last.

Congratulations...and now on to the show!





















































No comments:

Post a Comment