Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Hidden Gem

I have driven past The Mountain Brook Inn hundreds of times, not realizing what kind of yummy atmosphere and food waited for me inside. I am not a food connoisseur but I do know when my stomach is happy and last night it was grinning from ear to ear. 

For weeks Sean has been showing me the menu at The Mountain Brook Inn in Bovina. Each week I would sit and drool but for one reason or another we could not seem to get there on a Saturday night when the Mountain Brook Inn serves their weekly dinner. Finally, last weekend we tried to get in to no avail but fortunately we were able to get on deck for this weekend! 


For some reason I just knew this place was going to ooze with charm and I brought my camera along. As we pulled up in the parking lot, a twinkle light fence and covered bridge over a gently running brook immediately set the mood. As we walked in the door it felt like I had just popped in on a neighbor's party, people were chatting around the fireplace, tables were set for dinner, and dessert was patiently sitting on display waiting to be devoured. Gary, the Inn's owner keeps the menu simple, two choices of starters, a main dish and dessert. Everyone eats the same thing, how awesome is that, ¦no decision making. Every bit of it was out of this world delicious, including what I would guess to be Gary's signature dessert; Lemon Creme Brule Tart. 

The Mountain Brook Inn is the perfect spot for weddings, family gatherings, and anniversary or birthday dinners. Its atmosphere is awesome to say the least, I am so excited we got to visit and I can surely tell you we will be going back soon! I can also hope for a chance to shoot a wedding here as it would just jump off the page! Enjoy and remember to call a week or so in advance for dinner because they book up fast!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fantastic place. If you and Sean would like company the next time let us know and Dan and I will tag along. The atmosphere looks out of this world! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete